Graduation or internship: a bridge between university and industry
Axini is a spin-off of the University of Twente. We develop a software engineering approach, technology and tools to apply academic formal methods technology in practice. We work closely together with universities and research institutions (a.o. University of Twente, TNO, Eindhoven University of Technology and CWI). This allows us to obtain better results than the competition and it offers interesting internship and graduation possibilities. We also participate in European research projects such as Allegio and Reflexion.
We welcome computer science students with a critical view and a pragmatic attitude. We offer a dynamic environment with tough and interesting puzzles, good and personal supervision in combination with a lot of freedom. Where possible we want to apply your research to use cases of our customers.
If you already know what you want to work on, just let us know. If you are still looking, maybe our list of graduation projects can inspire you.
- Development of domain-specific languages in Ruby
- Practical applicability of modeling languages like Promela, Alloy, executable UML and SBVR
- Usage of constraint solvers, theorem provers and model-checkers
- Applicability of academic test tooling like TorX, TGV and Alloy
- Measurement and analysis of test coverage based on models and their corresponding implementations
- Visualization of models and test results
- Usage of AI techniques, like evolutionary algorithms, to generate, optimize an/or analyse tests and test results
You can also check this document for more information.
Are you interested and do you want to discuss your ideas with a human being? Get in touch with Machiel van der Bijl.
+31 6 1642 6332
Read the work of your predecessors to get more inspiration.
- 2009 Floor Sietsma: A Case Study in Formal Testing and an Algorithm for Automatic Test Case Generation with Symbolic Transition Systems.
- 2010 Jasper Hendriks: Risk Reducing Test Case Generation for Model-based Testing.
- 2011 Machiel van der Bijl: On Changing Models in Model-Based Testing.
- 2011 Lennart Tange: Test-Based Modelling – Learning a Model From a System’s Implementation.
- 2013 Vincent de Bruijn: Model-Based Testing with Graph Grammars.
- 2013 Carsten Ruetz: Model Checking of Symbolic Transition Systems with SMT Solvers.
- 2014 Johanneke Lamberink: Using Decision Tables in Model-Based Testing.
- 2014 Kevin de Berk: Model checking test models.
- 2015 Bas Meesters: The Visualization of Symbolic Transition Systems.
- 2015 Kai Bakker: Reachable States for Symbolic Transition Systems.
- 2016 Jorge Mora Perdiguero: Development of an Efficient Data Coverage Strategy.
- 2016 Ardavan Ghaffari: Trace Coverage Strategy for Symbolic Transition Systems.
- 2017 Stan Janssen: Transforming Source Code into Symbolic Transition Systems for Practical Model-Based Testing.
- 2017 Peter Verkade: Model-Based Unit Testing using Decision Tables.
- 2018 Martijn Willemsen: Improving Diagnosis by Grouping Test Cases to Reduce Complexity
- 2018 Aswathy George: Process Mining in Model Based Testing
- 2018 Dennis van der Werf: Visualizing Symbolic Transition Systems