Vacancy: Software Engineer
We build model-driven engineering tools to bring our customers closer to fault free software. In particular we work hard on our flag ship product, the Axini Modeling Suite, that provides model-based testing. We are very happy with the recognition of our tools. They are used by a number of national and international companies. From high-tech systems in Healthcare, to 24/7 systems running the Dutch railways, to complex administrative systems of banks and insurance companies. We are always looking for pragmatic programmers for our team in Amsterdam. In particular smart junior/medior software engineers. We offer a unique combination: in-house product development and the application of our tool set in client projects. We are a hybrid distributed team, meeting in Amsterdam about two days a week. The other days we work remotely or at clients. A list of things you will typically work on:
- Further development of our products. We work primarily with open source tools: a lot of Ruby, a bit of Rails, Cucumber, RSpec, Docker etc.
- Modeling, analysis and model-based testing of client systems
- Applying academic and our own research to practical solutions for our products and clients; in addition to model-based testing we these are topics like constraint solving, model checking, data mining, visualization, (un)supervised learning
- A small dedicated product-team with a lot of freedom and responsibility
- Direct influence in the design and development of our products
- Interesting clients with high profile projects
- Smart colleagues for faster personal development
- More than only technique. since software engineering is human work, we also pay attention to soft skills for personal development and personal effectiveness
- An office in Amsterdam in between the bakery and the pub
We are looking for someone who matches the following
- You have a university computer science degree (bachelor/master). We care about your smarts and analytical skills. If you don’t have the degree but can convince us that you have the smarts and the skills that is also fine.
- You are smart, analytically strong and you have a will of your own, but you’re not a solo player
- You are eager to learn and improve yourself, both in technical and non-technical skills
- You like your profession, you like programming, you like software engineering, you get satisfaction and joy from creating good solid software
- New languages or tools don't scare you — experience with Ruby is not required.
- You feel responsible for our clients and go the extra mile to make them happy
Do you feel we are a good match? Want to talk to a human being? We like to get in touch with you. Call or mail Menno Jonkers.
+31 6 2476 4265