Graduation or internship; a bridge between university and industryAxini is a spin-off of the University of Twente. We develop a software engineering approach, technology and tools to apply academic formal methods technology in practice. We work closely together with universities and research institutions (a.o. University of Twente, TNO, Eindhoven University of Technology, CWI). This allows us to obtain better results than the competition and it offers interesting internship and graduation possibilities. We also participate in European research projects such as Allegio and Reflexion.
We welcome computer science students with a critical view and a pragmatic attitude. We offer a dynamic environment with though and interesting puzzles, good and personal supervision in combination with a lot of freedom. Where possible we want to apply your research to use cases of our customers.
If you already know what you want to work on, just let us know. If you are still looking, maybe the following list or our list of graduation projects can inspire you.
- Development of domain-specific languages in Ruby
- Practical applicability of modeling languages like Promela, Alloy, executable UML and SBVR
- Extension of our modeling and model-based testing framework based on Ruby, and Ruby on Rails
- Usage of constraint solvers, theorem provers and model-checkers
- Applicability of academic test tooling like TorX, TGV en Alloy
- Measurement and analysis of test-coverage based on models and implementations
- Visualization of models and test-results
- Usage of AI techniques, like evolutionary algorithms, to generate, optimize an/or analyse tests and test-results
List of graduation exercisesDownload the overview of graduation projects.
- 2009 Floor Sietsma: A Case Study in Formal Testing and an Algorithm for Automatic Test Case Generation with Symbolic Transition Systems.
- 2010 Jasper Hendriks: Risk Reducing Test Case Generation for Model-based Testing.
- 2011 Machiel van der Bijl: On Changing Models in Model-Based Testing.
- 2011 Lennart Tange: Test-Based Modelling – Learning a Model From a System’s Implementation.
- 2013 Vincent de Bruijn: Model-Based Testing with Graph Grammars.
- 2013 Carsten Ruetz: Model Checking of Symbolic Transition Systems with SMT Solvers.
- 2014 Johanneke Lamberink: Using Decision Tables in Model-Based Testing.
- 2014 Kevin de Berk: Model checking test models.
- 2015 Bas Meesters: The Visualization of Symbolic Transition Systems.
- 2015 Kai Bakker: Reachable States for Symbolic Transition Systems.
- 2016 Jorge Mora Perdiguero: Development of an Efficient Data Coverage Strategy.
- 2016 Ardavan Ghafari: Trace Coverage Strategy for Symbolic Transition Systems.